Saturday, April 3, 2010

Working in Series

Is once enough? Well, probably not. I was recently looking at a complete edition of Picasso's known works. I enjoyed watching the creative process as good works morphed into masterpieces. Some subjects were painted over 20 times until he was satisfied(?).



This process opens the creative doors. We can try out new designs, uses of color and value as one idea leads to another.



The images here show what goes on behind the scenes at a horse trial. It's not over yet. The next round will emphasize color. For now, I'll continue painting horses, people and trailers until I run out of variations on this theme.




4 comments:

  1. I grew up in Colorado Springs and went to many horse trials, riding in some, in the Larkspur area. Great memories. Thanks for reminding me of the quiet activity of a day at the trials and for showing us all that there are subjects for painting where ever we find ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathy! What a super great comment! I am starting to look at the work ahead of me like that. Sketches, studies, multiple paintings of the same thing. Your eggshell series is a prime example. Awe inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to Kathy and Kaylyn's for their insightful commentary.Kathy's reference to Jasper Johns puts everything in perspective as does her own work with eggshells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing
    This fabulous work with us
    Good creations

    ReplyDelete